FAR FAR AWAY

Ah yes, Boca and Bubba hit the road again. More or less. "To stay young, the doctor said to exercise and eat the right foods" said BUBBA. "What?" said BOCA, " I thought he said ACCESSORIZE AND BUY NICE SHOES." And so begins Boca and Bubba's next adventure.

HOW TRAVEL DECISIONS ARE MADE

After several long car drives, Boca thought it was time for a bit of a different kind of "cruzin". Ah yes time for the high seas. NO NO NO yelped Bubba. "Don't you understand we are in a recession aka depression!!!" That was until one of his good buddies said, "Hey Bubba, this cruise looks pretty darn good. Are ya goin?" And that was all it took. "Well, hell yes. We are in good buddy!" Must be a man thing. And so begins Boca and Bubba's next adventure. It has all the making's of some Bubba and Boca madness...start in LA and end in Shanghai. Look out Charlie Chan- be sure to follow the google calendar below. And yes yes I am behind already.

Day 1 Feb 11 COMIN INTO LOS ANGELES.....

Bubba says the older I get the more I get anxious on those take off's and landings.  And may I quote him..."there's nothing you can do, it's in God's hands..."  And Boca responded, "How bout this Bubba, let's not wait till we get on the plane to get Boca a Bloody Mary.  Let's do that before we leave the house."  Bubba gladly agreed, "Good idea honey and I'll be sure to make that a double.  I can't take you clawing my arm anymore".   

I used to be a good flyer.  What happened?  Is there more turbulence these days?  Are the planes getting older and ragedy?  Or is it just me doing the same?  Amen, I did have a diversion on the 5 1/2 hr trip.  Our dear friend, Norm, President of our Make A Wish South Florida Chapter, was on the plane with us and just by luck I found the most darling gal to fix him up with....truly a MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN.  As Bubba completed his groan I got busy running up and down the isle.  Our stew acted as my assistant pouring champagne in plastic cups so I could run back with them to get that fire going...ya gotta love those American Airline stewardi.  My personal favorite experience was watching them surf down the isle on those little plastic serving trays, on take offs on our SNOWBALL EXPRESS charter flight last December only to be followed by spraying Boca, Bubba and all of the kids with Silly String!
Ok, so who's betting on that MATCH?

KISS Kiss Bye Bye and off to Budget Car Rental.  Geeeeeeze Bubba, could you have found a smaller car?  Will our luggage even fit?  For two people use to driving "trucks" I didn't understand how this was a good thing?  Not to worry as we were excited to see our long time friend "the other Bubba"- Wagner.  He and Keith worked together in the Chicago Field Office in the 70's and we have been bosom buddies ever since those wild and wacky days.  Wags has lived in Hermosa Beach for the past??? 20 some years.  You never know what to expect when you visit Bubba Wagner.  He is getting in touch with his feminine side as he was happy to show us his new balcony psychedelic garden complete with glowing Dragon Flies.

Only to be offset by his latest purchase- THE MOTHER LODE OF BBQ GRILLS or affectionately known as Bubba's Oven.

If Sadam Husein had a BBQ this would be the model.  Wags, how did you get it up to the 3rd floor?   Bubba Collins thinks "this is hillbilly heaven, "I'm gonna git me one".  Boca thinks this is not a half bad idea as Bubba can cook out back on the intercoastal patio.  I can see it now Wild Bubba's Wild Game Grill.  Finally getting rid of all that deer meat jamming up our freezer.  "He don't need no stinkin retirement".... Yes dear, we'll order you one up as soon as we get back to Florida....


And be sure to get the one with 11 knobs.  We are talking potential perfect storm here-flame, wind, a mini pitchfork along with some alcohol- what could possibly go wrong.  I did notice Wags had a boarded up wall right behind the GRILL.  I rest my case.    Another example of a boy and his toys and YOU MUST BE A REDNECK IF....  I'm thinking SMOKE ON THE WATER is the new theme song at Casa Duh Bubba's.  We love you Bubba and it's always an adventure to visit you......