FAR FAR AWAY

Ah yes, Boca and Bubba hit the road again. More or less. "To stay young, the doctor said to exercise and eat the right foods" said BUBBA. "What?" said BOCA, " I thought he said ACCESSORIZE AND BUY NICE SHOES." And so begins Boca and Bubba's next adventure.

HOW TRAVEL DECISIONS ARE MADE

After several long car drives, Boca thought it was time for a bit of a different kind of "cruzin". Ah yes time for the high seas. NO NO NO yelped Bubba. "Don't you understand we are in a recession aka depression!!!" That was until one of his good buddies said, "Hey Bubba, this cruise looks pretty darn good. Are ya goin?" And that was all it took. "Well, hell yes. We are in good buddy!" Must be a man thing. And so begins Boca and Bubba's next adventure. It has all the making's of some Bubba and Boca madness...start in LA and end in Shanghai. Look out Charlie Chan- be sure to follow the google calendar below. And yes yes I am behind already.

DAY 11 FEB 21 SYDNEY STATE FUNERAL ABORIGINAL AUNT SYLVIA

State funeral for Aunty Sylvia
Updated: 10:54, Friday February 18, 2011
Premier, Kristina Keneally, has announced that a State funeral will be held for popular Sydney Aboriginal community stalwart, 'Aunty' Sylvia Scott. It will be held at St Mary's Cathedral, College Street and Cathedral Street, Sydney, on Monday, 21 February, at 3pm.

Mrs Sylvia Scott was born on December 30, 1927, at Erambie Reserve, Cowra and was a respected Indigenous Elder.


The Premier says Mrs Scott was an active and influential member of the Redfern and Waterloo Aboriginal community, founding the Murawina Preschool in Redfern and was a founding member of the Wyanga Aboriginal Community Aged Care Programme.


'Mrs Scott was also well known to many aboriginal communities throughout New South Wales,' she said.


In the early 1970s, Mrs Scott worked with other aboriginal women, to establish the Murrawina pre-school for aboriginal children, and served as its president for 17 years.


A decade later, Mrs Scott established a general skills programs at Petersham TAFE, and worked at the Children's hospital in Camperdown as the Aboriginal health worker.


How I got involved in this funeral svs is beyond me....I went to see this beautiful church, St. Mary's, and the next thing you know I am seated with the family of Aunt Sylvia.  OMG,  I was crying along with the family and hundreds of people who came to honor the life and death of Sylvia Scott.  The two hour service offered me time to reflect on my own life.  What legacy would I leave?  This simple woman was granted a State funeral for her love, kindness and relentless work for the indigenous folk-Aboriginals- of Australia-her people.  What legacy will I leave?  To my children?  My grandchildren?  Family?  Friends? Community?  Causes?  Juxtaposing my life to Aunt Sylvia's and comparing all the good she did added to my tears and sadness while attending this strangers funeral.  Have I made a difference on this earth?


The State Premier and the State Prime Minister (by the way both are woman) of Auntie's State spoke at her funeral.  They spoke lovingly and with great admiration of her commitment and work.  What a wonderful opportunity to reflect on my life and pray for guidance to live a "good" one.  While I may be strong on the Bucket List (or as I call it Pam's Next 100) which does include Contribution but I never looked at the possibility of Legacy.  What will your Legacy be?